- Austin TX-Couture Bridal Alterations 512.940.2033(100% organically cleaned)
- Central FL-Garment Care Pros 863.688.4747
- Prestige Preservation sends you a kit with everything you need to securely ship your dress to them and have it back within 4-6wks, with insurance. (use code "TheKnotSave" for a discount)
Gown Preservation Instructions
After your wedding day, you get your dress cleaned at a trusted bridal cleaning company, you are ready to store your dress. Please follow the following tips in preserving your wedding dress.
- Do not store in basement, attic, or back of closet. Fine fabrics need cool, dark storage. Shelf in closet is best.
- Do not seal garment, your dress needs air to breathe. You should take your dress out of its container often to let it breathe(at least once a year)
- Do not use a box with a see through window(dry cleaners pass these out) Your dress should not be exposed to the light.
- Never wrap in plastic, only use Acid Free Tissue in a concealed acid free box, on your shelf, and let it out at least once a year.
- Place tissue for every fold of dress, in box.
- Padded hangar in safe place in your closet with a gown dust cover that has been previously washed, is also acceptable.