For the last couple months, I have been designing, and started creating my new collection.
Into the Woods will be a spring bridal line inspired by nature.
I am not able to post any behind the scenes/in the making photos of the line.
But I can tell you that I am using luxurious laces and American made silk fabrics. I was fortunate enough to order my fabrics from a local designer and wholesale fabric reseller, Benson Roberts III of Texstyles.
On that note, I will be phasing out all polyester dresses and gowns from Desireé Marie Design. Some will go up for sample sale. I have also used all my polyester fabric scraps to make a floor pillow. (Great idea for reusing fabrics scraps in a faster way than quilting)
Update: I am now donating my fabric scraps to http://www.ourfabricstash.com/ The pillow was great in theory, but was too heavy too move around, and to difficult to clean.
Disposing of fabrics and clothing is just one step I am taking to make my footprint smaller as an individual, and as a company.
· Using American made fabrics, and silks particularly is a big step forward in going green
· Sourcing fabrics that are less harmful to our world, and are being made ethically.
· Re-using fabrics when possible
· Finding new methods on saving fabric with pattern placement
· Using only natural dyes
· Shipping dresses in kraft 100% recycled boxes or acid free, chemical free white boxes for storing fabrics
· Creating beautiful, lasting gowns that will want to be kept forever as a family keepsake